“The maverick management guru!”
Financial Times, London
“Set(s) the stage on fire”
The Times of India
“The intellectual litterateur of the decade”
The Hindustan Times
"Mega Disruptor and Godfather of Private Education in India"
Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri, is an Author, Antitheist, Second Dan Black Belt in Kick Boxing, Global Management Thought Leader & Teacher, Entrepreneur, Public Speaker, Economist, Former Advisor to the consultative committee of Planning Commission, Government of India in the areas of Education and Social Sector and Recipient of three National Film Awards from Government of India. He has also been a RJ with Radio Mirchi.
More than a million people have directly attended his lectures over the last two decades & more and more than 50k people have taken direct professional training from him. With 4.5 million plus fans on Facebook, he is the most followed economist and management icon in the world.
He is the Honorary Director of the IIPM Think Tank at IIPM, one of India’s leading entrepreneurial institutions. IIPM has been previously ranked as one of India’s topmost B-Schools - No.1 in Intellectual Impact, No.1 in Global Exposure, No.1 in CSR, No.4 Overall and in Industry Interface and No.6 in Placements as well as Quality of Faculty amongst all B-Schools in India. He teaches Leadership and National Economic Planning at IIPM. His public seminars on Leadership are a rage, with thousands attending them. Since 2001 he has been presenting annually a much watched “Alternative Budget” programme on TV, on the day before the budget is announced. The same has been aired on leading TV channels like Headlines Today, Zee News and India TV. As a budget specialist every year he is virtually on every other TV channel of India on the Day of the Annual Budget.
He is also the founder of the Planman Group which has business interests in Consulting, Media & Entertainment; and is the Editor in Chief of DailyIndian.com. Daily Indian Media, also brings out the leading business magazines The Sunday Indian, Business & Economy, 4Ps Business & Marketing and The Human Factor.
For more than 25 years, through his Classes, his Books, his TV shows on Alternate Budget in every possible TV channel, his Public Lectures, his Films and his Articles in leading Newspapers from TOI to IE to HT; He has positively influenced and impacted the lives of hundreds of millions across India and the world.
He has been invited to train and inspire the Indian Armed Forces, the Central Armed Police Forces, the Delhi Police and the Civil Services Officers of the IAS and IFS amongst others! From CEOs to Entrepreneurs, from Success Icons to Celebrities, from Rural and Social workers to People Living With HIV/AIDS; Arindam has personally trained them in areas of Leadership, Management, Economics & Strategic Vision.
Arindam has been invited to teach and inspire students at the most prestigious colleges across the length and breadth of world- from the Harvard Business School in USA to the Imperial College in UK to CUHK in Hong Kong to IIT-K in India.
From industry associations like CII, FICCI, ASSOCHAM & PHDCCI to TEDx talks to Rotary to Associations of Medical Professionals, School Principals & Chartered Accountants - Arindam has been invited to enlighten them all.
British Council - Association of British Scholars to Dubai's IBPC have organised exclusive seminars to felicitate Arindam. In America from NABC to leading universities like UC Davis - Graduate School of Management, University of California to Daniels School of Business, Denver University to Kenan Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina have invited him for exclusive talks. World HRD Congress invited him across Asia from Singapore to Colombo to Manila to give Key Note Address on 'Global Wage Equality Crusade' that he started in 2018 based upon his book, What Marx Left Unsaid.
He is the author of 11 books (5 of which have been best-sellers) and the only Indian to author two management books-“Count Your Chickens Before They Hatch” and “Discover The Diamond in You” which have been #1 monster best-sellers. He is also the author of Without God & Capitalism, What Marx Left Unsaid, Planning India, Global Power Brands, Bollywood Power Brands, Indian Power Brands and the best-selling books - The Great Indian Dream, Thorns To Competition and Cult. His book "Discover the Diamond in You" for which he got an unprecedented advance, became a record breaking best seller, selling 1, 00,000 copies in the first ten days itself!
He has been a regular columnist with 'The New Indian Express', 'Asian Age', 'Deccan Chronicle', 'Mid Day', 'Pioneer', 'Central Chronicle', 'The Sunday Standard', 'The North East Sun Magazine', 'Meghalaya Guardian', 'Echo of Arunachal', 'Nagaland Post', 'Sikkim Express', 'Kashmir Times', 'Millennium Post', 'Dainik Bhaskar' (Hindi edition; The No.1 daily newspaper in India), 'Navabharat' (Hindi), 'Asomiya Pratidin' (Assamese), 'Dharitiri' (Oriya), 'Poknapham' (Manipuri) and Urdu dailies 'Etemaad', 'Kashmir Uzma' and 'Sahafat'; making his columns at one time amongst the most widely read in India covering all parts of India in every other language. In the past, he has also been a columnist with 'Hindustan Times' and 'The Times of India' and a guest columnist with 'The Economic Times', 'The Indian Express', 'Business Standard', 'The Financial Express', 'The Sunday Observer', 'India Today Plus', 'Dash', 'Gentleman' and 'Life Positive'. Apart from writing on issues of burning national importance, he writes extensively on China, Africa and America.
Under the banner of Planman Motion Pictures he has made several highly acclaimed films like Mithya, Dosor etc. In the year 2007 'Dosor' got selected at the prestigious CANNES FILM FESTIVAL & its lead actor Prosenjit Chatterjee got the National Award for his performance. In 2007 itself, 'The Last Lear' starring the legendary Amitabh Bachchan, Shefali Shah (who also won the National Award for her sterling performance) & Priety Zinta got selected for the GALA section - the red carpet centerpiece event - of the Toronto Film Festival. He won the National Award for Faltu in 2008, The Last Lear in 2009 and Do Dooni Chaar in 2011. All in all his 9 Feature Films (one in English- 'The Last Lear'; 5 in Hindi- 'Do Dooni Chaar', 'Mithya', 'I'm 24', 'Rok Sako Toh Rok Lo' and about to be released 'Sunglass' -bi-lingual- in Hindi & Bangla- and 3 in Bangla- 'Dosar', 'Faltu', 'Saanjhbaatir Rupkathara') have got 5 National Awards (including 3 for best films), 4 Filmfare awards, 2 Star Screen Awards, 1 Stardust award & 7 BFJA awards. Apart from official selection at above mentioned festivals they have also got selections at festivals in Hamburg, Rome, London, Rotterdam, Spain, Montreal, Edmonton, Melbourne, Abu Dhabi, Madrid & Singapore amongst others.
His films were India entry vehicles for leading houses like Columbia Tristar & Disney. And way back in 2004, his film Rok Sako Toh Rok Lo became the first film ever in the world to be streamed on a mobile phone.
In 2017, Planman Motion Pictures started the annual Power Brands Bollywood Film Journalist's Awards. The first of its kind totally transparent awards in Bollywood where the winners and co-winners are awarded through open ballot voting by the leading film critics of India. In just two years it's become a benchmark of honest awards in Bollywood.
He is also the founder of the charity, Aurobindo Chaudhuri Memorial Great Indian Dream Foundation - started in memory of his brother in 2002. GIDF works in the areas of Health, Education, Employment and Environment. GIDF has supported developmental activities in 2,000 villages, impacting millions of lives across more than 12 states in India through primary schools, medical camps and medical vans and has supported low cost open heart surgeries, developmental and employment generation work through varied activities like women’s self help groups, donating sewing machines, building of check water dams, toilets, schools etc. Cricketing Icon Sachin Tendulkar has in past supported GIDF activities by lending his endorsement in GIDF ads and campaigns.
Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri conducts workshops, seminars and lecture tours on Comparative Management Techniques worldwide. His talks have always had a spell binding effect. As a management thinker he specializes in the areas of Strategic Vision, Leadership and Comparative Management Techniques. Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri’s Phd thesis was on Regional Cultural Influences in Post-Deregulated India: An empirical examination of employees’ values and expectations from leaders. Dr. Arindam therefore is a specialist by education in India centric leadership. His contribution to the field of management studies can be found in the iconoclastic "Theory 'i' Management" which he has developed for India Inc. in his book “Count Your Chickens before they Hatch”. "Theory 'i' Management" is about India centric management ideas with global applicability. Apart from his international seminar tours, since 1998, he has been conducting workshops on Leadership and Strategic Vision exclusively for CEOs, MDs, Directors and Presidents from the corporate sector in India. From the Managing Director of Hero Motors to the President of Tata Chemicals, from the Executive President of A.V. Birla Group to the CEO of Ernst & Young have all taken LEADERSHIP TRAINING WORKSHOPS from him. From public sector giants like NTPC to GAIL to private sector giants like Microsoft to ABB have either had Arindam come over and speak to their executives or have sent their top management people to attend his workshops. This is of course apart from a list of virtually every other organization worth its name who have benefitted from his consulting firm Planman's various consulting solutions. As a celebrated speaker he has spoken at various annual conferences and national conventions and Industry organizations like CII, Assocham etc.
An economist by passion and education, during Bill Clinton's historic visit to India in 2001 he launched his ‘Great Indian Dream -: India can beat America’; a series of seminars for every Indian, focusing on policies that can help India catch with the American per capita income, and even surpass it . His original contribution to the field of economics can be found in the three theories that he has written about in his book "The Great Indian Dream". They are the theory of 'Survival of the Weakest', 'The Trickle-up Theory' & 'The Law of Increasing Marginal Utility'. When put together, he says, they can lead to Happy Capitalism.
In 2017 Dr. Chaudhuri launched the Power Brands LIFE (London International Forum of Equality). A forum through which he intends to give a mega voice to the need for global equality - in education, access to health facilities, access to minimum dignified living and judiciary.
To further the cause, on May 5th 2018, he started the Global Wage Equality Crusade. As a part of it, he has been speaking across the world in an effort to reach out to decision makers in government as well as corporate sectors on the urgent need of policies that can make the wage ratio between the lowest paid worker and the highest paid worker as 3:1. The entire philosophy is based on his father Dr Malay Chaudhri's original theory of Production of Skills by Means of Skills outlined in the book What Marx Left Unsaid.
Arindam's vision is to eradicate the world of the three evils, namely -religion, income inequality and gender discrimination and he dreams of a day when every human being will have access to equal health, education and justice.
Arindam is an alumnus of D.P.S, IIPM, Madras University and The University of Buckingham from where he completed his Ph.D.
Two decades of Awards and Recognitions
Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri's Educational Background, Achievements & Awards:
- On 22nd October 1998, when Arindam was all of 26 years of age, The Financial Express first spotted him conducting a leadership workshop for senior corporate executives mostly double his age and covered him in an article.
- On July 10th 1999, The Hindu called him a Management Guru for the first time - a title that has become synonymous with his name.
- On March 5th 2000, The Hindustan Times did a cover story in its Sunday Edition on him calling him "The Guru With The Ponytail" establishing him as one of India's India's leading management voices, as the country moved into the new millennium.
- At the age of 28, in the year 2000, Dr. Chaudhuri was awarded "Management Guru 2000 Award" by Chennai based Om Venkatesa Society which annually honours management experts.
- In the year 2001 at the age of 29 he was selected amongst one of the 50 leading thinkers under the age of 40 to represent South Asia at Wilton Park (an organisation supported by the European Commission and British foreign office) where he was invited as a special speaker.
- In 2002, his film Saanjbathir Roopkathara, after becoming the entry vehicle of Columbia Tristar into regional films and going to some of the leading Film festivals across the world wad selected as one of the 7 best films of the year at the London Film Festival.
- In the year 2002 Hindustan Times took Dr. Chaudhuri around multiple states for a Teachers' Day seminar series titled "The Great Indian Dream - Leading India Towards a Better Tomorrow"
- In May 2003 Dr. Chaudhuri was awarded the "Personality of the Decade Award" by K.G.Foundation, Coimbatore. This prestigious award had been received in the past by Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam, Mrs. Sudha Murthy & Dr. Chritian Bernard.
- On 14th February 2004 he was awarded the ‘Example to the Youth Award’ by the Rotaract Council in Chennai.
- In 2004 at the age of 32 he was selected as an advisor to the consultative committee of the Planning Commission of India in the areas of education and social sector.
- On 15th January 2005 he was awarded the ‘Centennial Service Award for Professional Excellence in Recognition of his significant achievement in the field of Education and Management’ by the Rotary International during its Centennial celebrations in Mumbai.
- On 4th June 2006, when he wasn't even 35, The Financial Times called him "The Maverick Management Guru".
- On 19th September 2006 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was awarded the Priyadarshini Academy's Biennial Global Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Field of Management. He was honored along with NR Narayana Murthy & Subir Raha by Kamal Nath, the Union Minister for Commerce & Industry.
- On 15th March 2007 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri's films Faltu and Dosor swept away the BFJA awards winning 8 trophies including the best film and second best film.
- In May 2007, Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri's film Dosor got selected for the 60th Cannes Film Festival in the Les Cinema Du Monde section. It was a rare honor for an Indian film.
- On 9th Sept. 2007 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri's film 'The Last Lear' starring the legendary Amitabh Bachchan, had its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival where it was selected for the GALA section - the red carpet centerpiece event - of the Toronto Film Festival.
- On 23th September 2007 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was awarded the Life Positive Reader's Award in the category of 'Change Agent'by the Chief Minister of Delhi Smt Sheila Dixit in recognition and deep appreciation of his pioneering achievement in bringing about significant attitudinal change in society.
- On 28th September 2007 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri & Dr Malay Chaudhuri were awarded the "JJ IRANI AWARD" for the Best Group of Management Institute by the PN Singh Foundation, Mumbai.
- On 15th December 2007, Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was awarded the prestigeous LOUIS MARCHESI FELLOWSHIP by the Round Table India Foundation - the Indian arm of The World Round Table. The honor in past had been given to Mother Teressa and Deepak Chopra amongst others.
- On 10th August ‘08 Dr.. Arindam Chaudhuri was awarded the Best B-School Teacher (North), at the Best B-Schools Awards organised by the Deccan Herald Group.
- On 2nd September 2008, Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri received the National Award from the president of India for The Best Feature Film in the Family Welfare category for the year 2006 for his film FALTU.
- On 4th November 2008, Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri won the award for the Best Teacher Award in General & Strategic Management at the 16th Business School Affairs and Dewang Mehta Business School Awards, Mumbai
- On 4th November 2008, Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was presented the Business School with Best Industry Interface Award for IIPM at the 16th Business School Affairs and Dewang Mehta Business School Awards, Mumbai
- On 14th January 2009 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri received the Star Screen Award for Best English Feature Film for The Last Lear.
- On 4th February 2009 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was presented the Star Youth Achiever Award at the Idea Global Youth Marketing Awards.
- On 21st October 2009, Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri received the National Award from the President of India for The Best Feature Film in English for the year 2007 for his film THE LAST LEAR which starred Amitabh Bachchan in a memorable role of an ageing shakespearean stage actor.
- On 4th November 2009, Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri won the Thought Leadership Award in Management at the 17th Business School Affairs and Dewang Mehta Business School Awards, Mumbai
- On 4th November 2009, Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was presented the Awards for Best B-School in the Non IIM Category, B-School with Best Infrastructure, B- School with Best Industry Interface, B-School with Highest International Placements and B- School with Best Syllabus in International Business in India in 2009 for IIPM at the 17th Business School Affairs and Dewang Mehta Business School Awards, Mumbai
- In 2009 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri received for IIPM the Mail Today Award for No.1 Rank in Global Exposure, Faculty, Placements, No.2 Rank for Potential to Network, Student Development, Infrastructure and No 3. Rank for Industry Interface.
- On 23rd July 2010 at Suntec Singapore Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was given the 'Management Thought Leadership Award' at Asia's Best B-School Awards.
- On 24th November 2010, Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was presented the Hall of Fame Award along with B-School with Highest International Placements Award for IIPM, at the 18th Business School Affairs and Dewang Mehta Business School Awards, Mumbai
- On 5th December 2010 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri won The Achievers and Leaders Award for Excellence in Brand Building at the SIAS (Sri Lanka-India-South Africa-Singapore) Partnership Summit in Colombo
- On 29th January 2011 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri's film Do Dooni Chaar won 4 Black Ladies at the Filmfare Awards.
- On 12th February 2011 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was presented the B-School with Highest International Placements Award for IIPM at the Star News National B-School Awards 2011
- On 11th March 2011 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri won "India's Most Fearless Editor Award" at the 5th Media Federation of India Awards for his scathing editorials in The Sunday Indian.
- On 22nd July 2011 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was awarded for IIPM Asia's Best B-School for Global Exposure & Entrepreneurship at the 2nd Asia's Best B-School Awards, Singapore
- On 22nd July 2011 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri presented Asia's Best Business Magazine Award for his magazine Business & Economy at the 2nd CMO Asia Awards for Excellence in Branding and Marketing, Singapore
- On 9th September 2011, Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri won the National Award for the Best Hindi Film for 2010 for his film Do Dooni Chaar.
- On 25th September 2011 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was awarded the Future Leader Award at the Asia Leadership Awards, Dubai
- On 25th September 2011 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was awarded for IIPM the B-School with Highest International Placements and Best in Class Industry Interface at the World Education Congress Asia Awards, Dubai
- On 25th November 2011 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was awarded the Most Popular Book of the Year Award for 'Thorns to Competition' at the Global Awards for Brand Excellence, Mumbai
- On 26th November 2011 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was was given the Edupreneur of the Year Award at the 19th Business School Affairs and Dewang Mehta Business School Awards, Mumbai
- On 14th December 2011 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was given the Education Baron Award at the Le Matinal Education Excellence Awards at the Africa India Partnership Summit in Mauritius.
- On 14th December 2011 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was given the Outstanding Contribution to Inter Continental Social Integration Award for his charity The Great Indian Dream Foundation at the Africa India Partnership Summit in Mauritius.
- On 15th February 2012 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was presented for IIPM the Best B-School Magazine Award for IIPMs Alumni Magazine, "CULT" at the 6th Indy's Awards for Excellence in Mass Communications & PR, Mumbai
- On 18th February 2012 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was given the Visionary Leader Award as well as presented The Best B- School in the Non IIM category for IIPM at the DNA Innovative B-School Awards, Mumbai
- On 18th February 2012 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was presented the Outstanding B-School (North) Award at the Bloomberg UTV B-School Excellence Awards 2012
- On 6th April 2012 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was handed over the award for the Most Valuable Business School at the 3rd Annual Leadership Conclave & Indian Affairs Business Leadership Awards, Bangalore
- On 19th July 2012 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was presented the Title of India's Greatest Brand Builder at the 3rd Edition of CMO Asia India's Greatest Brand Builders in Singapore.
- On 25th June 2013 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was presented Senatorial Recognition by Senator Dean Heller in recognition of Planman Media's exceptional magazines and contribution during it's visit to Las Vegas for the American launch of Power Brands.
- On 10th November 2013 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri's film Sunglass was showcased as the opening film at the Kolkata International Film Festival.
- On 19th May 2014 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was invited to showcase his film Sunglass for a special screening at the Habitat Film Festival in Delhi.
- On 23rd September 2015 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was honoured by the Forum of Public Schools in Delhi and invited to inspire public school principals of Delhi.
- On 24th September 2016 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was awarded the Indywood Media Excellence Award.
- On 19th December 2017 Dr. Arindam Chaudhuri was given the title of One of the Finest People of Delhi by Elite Magazine and featured on their Annual Calendar for the year 2018.
Son of Ratna Chaudhuri and Malay Kisore Chaudhuri
Brother of Arundhati Bannerjee and Late Aurobindo Chaudhuri
Husband of Rajita Chaudhuri
Father of Che Kabir Chaudhuri